If you experience random chocolate cravings like I do and a small piece of chocolate won’t do the trick, try having a large bowl of chocolate ice cream all to yourself! As always, the recipe is simple and can be made with just 2 ingredients: bananas and carob powder. On a side note, I’ve been testing some recipes out, so the little bits of raw banana bread you see in the photo is a little teaser for what’s to come.
I normally have a bowl like this for a meal. If you’re not up for eating 6 bananas in one setting, feel free to share with a friend or just cut the amounts in half. Either way, make sure that you treat yourself to this chocolate ice cream!
- 6-7 frozen bananas
- 3 tablespoons carob powder
- Toppings of choice
- Add a few of your frozen bananas to a high-speed blender or food processor. If using a blender, continue to push down the bananas with your tamper.
- Once bananas have a thick uniform consistency like ice cream, slowly add in more bananas.
- Add in carob powder and blend until it is evenly distributed throughout the ice cream.
- Scoop out mixture into a bowl and add toppings of choice.
- Note: If you are having issues blending bananas with your blender, add half of a fresh banana or water.