I used to snack on store bought granola like crazy! Then I began to avoid unrefined sugars and processed snacks, so I would make my own. Sadly, most recipes call for loads of liquid sweeteners and a majority were not raw.
I personally avoid agave, maple syrup, liquid stevia, etc. because I honestly don’t know what’s in them most of the time! That’s why I LOVE using dates as a sweetener. This is an incredibly versatile recipe inspired by the lovely Loni Jane! I tweaked her recipe and used less shredded coconut and added mulberries + cacao nibs.
- ½ c gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ c dried mulberries
- 8 medjool dates
- 2-3 tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- Place ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor.
- Pulse for a few seconds until you achieve desired texture. I used a vitamix and had the best results by blending in two batches.
- Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
Throw your rawnola on some nana ice cream or just snack on it plain. Either way, it’s not going to last long – so doubling up the recipe wouldn’t be a terrible idea :) Yup, it’s that good!